A new logo of BGMEA has also been launched in alignment with the new vision.
Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, MP, Honorable Speaker of Bangladesh Parliament, graced the vision and logo unveiling ceremony as chief guest and Faruque Hassan, President of BGMEA, chaired the event while Abdus Salam Murshedy, MP, former President of BGMEA was present.
BGMEA Vice President Shahidullah Azim, Vice President Miran Ali, Directors Barrister Shehrin Salam Oishee, Asif Ashraf, Md. Mohiuddin Rubel, Haroon Ar Rashid, Navidul Huq, Barrister Vidiya Amrit Khan, Inamul Haq Khan (Bablu), Md. Imranur Rahman and Neela Hosna Ara also attended the ceremony.
BGMEA President Faruque Hassan said, “We are living in a complex world where the risks, challenges and prosperity are interconnected. As global business shifts its values and vision, sustainability sits at the core. Sustainability has always been a key strategic priority for the readymade garment industry of Bangladesh. Sustainability is not only about fulfilling social, ecological and community obligations; it is also about how we remain economically viable through innovation, digitization, diversification and being more productive.”
“Our beloved association, BGMEA, which is serving as the beacon for the industry for many years, needs to adopt changes in its philosophy, vision, missions, and in its corporate identity. Thus BGMEA emerges with its renewed vision which is decoded by ‘nine-dots’ in its new logo. I believe the ‘dots’ will connect the positive forces and stakeholders toward the common global goals.”
The nine dots logo is the matrix of BGMEA’s scope of work and influence. The dots are arranged in columns sequentially to portray BGMEA’s journey from micro to macro, from action to impact, and from local to global. It is an organic transformation. The connection continues when the nine dots are looked in rows. The first three dots emphasizes ‘reach’, second three dots emphasizes ‘transformation’ and the third three emphasizes ‘sustainability’. These are nine dots and together they represent BGMEA’s new identity.
So, the nine dots mean:
1. People- To forever work for the well-being of the people of Bangladesh and mankind at large.
2. Inclusivity- To listen. To be approachable. To involve people across the spectrum and not discriminate.
3. Transparency- For accountability and access to information that are central to build a trustworthy, flexible and resilient organization.
4. Infrastructure- To build a safe and sustainable future through power plants, green factories, and modern worker friendly workplaces.
5. Innovation- For its ongoing contribution to the 4th IR and encouraging automation.
6. Circularity- For the conservation of the natural system via an economic shift from a liner to circular system.
7. Global network- To be ahead in the world through innovations, pivots and flexible adaptations.
8. Brand Bangladesh- To uplift the equity of Brand Bangladesh in the realm of sustainability and to uphold Bangladesh’s values to the world at large.
9. Environment- for the respect we have for nature and the dedication to preserving the natural system.